We are looking for an development-oriented database specialist (m/f) for the earliest possible starting date at our location in Hamburg.
You will support our software development department in all database related issues and problems. This refers to both development (schema design, optimizations) as well as the internal rollout (installations, data migration) and the operating phase (administration, periodical monitoring, optimization).
You will support our project department in questions relating to scaling, configuration and operation. You will install, configure and administer Oracle databases for our customers and our development department. You will ensure that everything runs smoothly during new installations and expansions. The experience that you gain in development will enable you to support the administrators of our customers in running these applications.
For these tasks, you will contribute your experience working with systems in multi-layer architecture as well as your solid Linux knowledge and knowledge in the area of database design and administration. Your experience with shell scripts and basic knowledge of Java will perfect your qualifications.
In detail, your activities will include the following
- installation and configuration of Oracle databases for our applications in-house and remote
- administration of those databases in-house and remote
- database-related support for the development and optimization of our software systems
- schema design and schema optimization
- support and monitoring of database migrations
- troubleshooting and performance optimization in Oracle databases
- relevant education or studies or demonstrably qualified career changer with several years of professional experience in the described field
- very good Oracle DBA knowledge (troubleshooting, migration, installation, backup/recovery, performance analysis and tuning)
- good SQL and PL/SQL knowledge
- basic knowledge in a programming language, ideally Java
- experience in application development
- good command of the English language (spoken and written)
- team-oriented style of work and good communication skills
- resilience and flexibility
Please send your complete resume in PDF format by mail specifying when you will be available
and your salary expectations to:
picturesafe media/data/bank GmbH